Sunday, March 19, 2017

Can't Go Wrong With a Blondie ;)

Hey guys, I found something funny just now. So I looked up "Victim actresses for horror movies" and I was not surprised to find that most of the Actresses were blonde, ditzy, young looking girls... kinda like the girls on the cheerleading team lol. Here are some of the pictures I saw...

      

My guess to lead actresses being being blonde and around their 20's is because this attracts the target audience which is in his 20's too, but I did some research and what I found was that back when the films were black and white; the color white represented purity. So the blonde actress would serve on a pure soul for the monster to feast on. Now their female counterparts, the brunettes, were seen as the monster if the monster so happened to be a female, like Dracula's daughter. 

Now in modern day the blonde isn't seen as the "pure soul" but more as "the dumb blonde" or "the slut" which went well with my guess to why they're the main ones on screen. Their look is still preferred because the director can use he fact that their stereotypical dumbness makes them more prone to be the first murdered because of their poor choices. Which while I was reading this article made me laugh because it made me realize of all the things about stereotypical blondes being the first to die. 

Personally I think we are going to go for a blonde not for the but with a twist. Like, a good girl but that it's like just like her dumbness that makes her pure but this idea is still pending...

Stay tuned for next weeks posts! 

Rizzo-Turpin, C. (2013, September 16). 6 Horror Movie Sets That Were Actually Haunted. Retrieved March 19, 2017, from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/159314905541643826/ 

Peitzman, L. (2013, October 16). The 25 Fiercest Final Girls Of Horror. Retrieved March 19, 2017, from https://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/the-25-fiercest-final-girls-of-horror?utm_term=.mqRqGXe2Nm#.bh36pKVxyA

Colangelo, B. (2014, September 19). The Importance of Blondes in Classic Horror. Retrieved March 19, 2017, from http://iconsoffright.com/2014/09/19/the-importance-of-blondes-in-classic-horror/

No comments:

Post a Comment